PRACTICE AND PREPARE
- Be succinct and talk through your CV within five to seven minutes
- Know your CV inside and out
- Practice competency questions
- Film yourself and iron our any quirks
- Know the company and the role you are interviewing for and be clear why you’re keen
- Prepare good questions to ask in advance
- When in doubt, always wear a suit to an interview. You should look polished and presentable
- Stand up when anyone comes into the room to greet you and shake their hand. Make sure your handshake is firm and look the person in the eyes
- Smile. A smile can be a powerful tool at a first meeting.
- Try to stay calm during the interview
- Non-verbal communication is just as important as what you actually say
- Maintain eye contact with your interviewer
- Always provide feedback to your recruitment consultant on how the interview went and what you thought of it. Most clients will take a 24 hour silence as a sign that you are not interested in the job!