Administrative Assistant / Team Assistant
Investment Management Firm
Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
A global investment management firm with modern offices in central Frankfurt is seeking an Administrative Assistant / Team Assistant to work alongside one of their Senior Administrative Assistants to support an incredibly busy global Client / Sales team. This is a full secretarial & administrative role, requiring a strong team player who enjoys working at a fast pace and supporting multiple members of the team. You must have worked for a global firm and speak German & English to a professional level - this is essential for this role!
My client is an international asset management firm with an ever-growing office in central Frankfurt, with further plans to expand - this is an exciting time to join the company! This firm has an open-plan culture in a prime location in Frankfurt, with regular social events, a strong sense of team and clear diversity policy. Career progression is actively supported and encouraged. You will be part of a wider Assistant team both in Frankfurt and across their European offices.
The role will be split between being in the office and working from home.
This role is a full organisational, secretarial and administrative support role for a busy and successful client-facing team that has a high number of deadlines and high level of standards. You will be the key to the team working seamlessly and they will need support with bespoke administration (which you will learn if you haven’t worked in this environment before) and will need you to be incredibly organised. The main duties are:
- Managing multiple diaries and arranging meetings cross time zones, for all members of the team
- Coordinating and booking international travel with often complex itineraries
- Processing expenses
- Some basic translation of reports and presentations
- Proof reading
- Maintaining the client management database and running reports
- Document management (signatures, printing, binding)
- Further administrative tasks related to when needed on an ad-hoc basis
- Occasional event organisation for the local teams
This is a role for a very confident, professional, friendly and calm candidate who enjoys a fast pace and who wants to learn, not afraid to ask questions.
One of the best things about this role is the Assistant team you will work within – everyone supports each other in their roles as Assistants and are a close team, and you will learn a lot, developing to more of a Senior Assistant role during your time in the company.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have experience in a Team Assistant or Administrative Assistant role in an international firm (an investment / asset management, real estate or financial services firm is ideal, but they are open to industry, as long as it is global)
- Be very "customer service" minded, for example have worked in five-star hospitality / hotels, then moved to an administrative role
- Possess fluent German and English language skills
- Be able to build professional relationships
- Have the ability to prioritise and handle multiple requests
- Be resilient and calm when there are last-minute changes
- Be able to say no when necessary
- Be a team player
- Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Have good knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
On top of a competitive base salary (in line with experience) there are the following benefits:
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- 10% BVV
- A truly collaborative international team
- Open plan environment & open-door policy
- Work in a supportive team with a “buddy” to cover your workload in your absence
- Diversity and gender equality is at the forefront of this firm’s equal opportunity practice
Joss Search is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, passionately supporting and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building an inclusive culture, respecting our individual differences and bringing our community together.