Part-Time Permanent Role
Our client based in Frankfurt has a very rare part-time role for an Administrative Assistant / Executive Assistant who is seeking a part-time role – 12 hours per week, with some opportunity during the year to work more hours covering absence for the Office Manager and during busy times (over time paid!) – but only if you would like to. This is an investment management firm that is global and fast paced, with a collaborative and cohesive culture which they value and nurture. The nature of business means that things can be very fast paced, and you must be able to work under pressure at times. It’s a very fun team and they all care about the success of the business – they need a team player who shares their values. You must be fluent in both German and English – there are a lot of phone calls and emails in the English language that you would be expected to handle. This is a wonderful company that values teamwork and you would work closely with the Office Manager who is passionate about the support function. She describes the team as a “family,” the office is modern and open plan and communication at all levels is encouraged.
This role will be to provide support to the Office Manager who is the sole support to the team / office; she has reduced her hours slightly to finish at 3pm, and requires an Assistant to work 12 hours per week in the afternoon ideally on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday (2-6pm) but this can be flexible if you prefer to work 2-5pm over four days – Tuesdays are non-negotiable! You would have the opportunity to earn overtime on some occasions in the year if you wanted to work more during busy times, but this isn’t essential. The main thing is that there is cover in the office in the afternoons.
This is a global investment management firm, and the office in Frankfurt is 12 people, but with close contact with the London and Amsterdam offices. Working closely with the office manager, your duties will include:
- Providing support to the Office Manager and wider team
- Preparation of presentations using templates
- Basic translation of email correspondence in German and English
- Answering the phones using English and German – both must be fluent
- Travel and diary management
- Monthly expenses for all employees in the Frankfurt office
- Assisting the Amsterdam team with expenses and any travel related matters
- Administrative tasks such as the welcoming guests, ordering office supplies, etc.
An ideal candidate for this Executive Assistant role will be a team player who is motivated, works well in a team and is strong enough in their communication and organisational skills to handle a high volume of calls and multitask.
These are must-haves:
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and German
- Excellent secretarial, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Have some good experience as an Assistant in a similar role
- Have a professional, committed attitude and approach
- Be a team player
- Happy being in this role and enjoy the Administrative profession
This is a permanent role to start in July 2021 and this will be a great role for anyone with exceptional skills who are seeking flexibility around other commitments / enjoy part-time but still challenging roles.
- Training and working in a team with an excellent & passionate Office Manager
- Open plan office with a collaborative and open communication style
- Overtime paid beyond the 12 hours as standard
- Annual leave includes 24th & 30th December off & all Bank Holidays falling at the weekend are moved to the following Monday
- Annual salary reviews
Joss Search is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, passionately supporting and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building an inclusive culture, respecting our individual differences and bringing our community together.