Executive Assistant & Office Manager – Global Private Equity Firm
Central Frankfurt (includes an office relocation project)
A highly reputable private equity firm with a global presence is building their presence in Germany. With a small office in Frankfurt currently, a new Senior Partner will be joining this year and building a team to 6 people, and they need an Office Manager / Executive Assistant to handle the entire office move project, set up the new office and then focus on supporting the Senior Partner as his right-hand support. This is a permanent role, you must have worked in Private Equity / Alternative Investment and understand the nature of business, be fluent in English & German, and be able to be the sole support in a smaller but growing office. This expansion in Frankfurt represents an exciting time to join!
We recruit for this client in London and they are a highly desirable firm to join because they really look after their employees. They want to present a competitive package to the right candidate, and are looking for experience in private equity to be able to support the Senior Partner brilliantly from day one.
You will be part of a global EA team so you will receive support from the other office managers / EAs based in London, New York and other European offices.
This role will be to provide first-class EA support to the new Senior Partner plus smaller wider team (to a lesser extent). You will first manage the project to relocate the office to a leased office in Frankfurt (depending on your experience with this, you can be assisted by other office managers within the firm, but ideally you will have done this in a previous role). The long-term element of the role is to provide executive assistance to the Senior Partner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Senior Partner with proactive, extensive diary management, gatekeeping and planning on behalf of the Partner when appropriate
- Arranging frequent international travel planning for the Partner and team members
- Gatekeeping and handling all incoming telephone calls & emails in impeccable English & German
- Plan conferences and investor events
- Preparation of business correspondence, documentation and presentations
- Regular liaison and interaction with various other offices globally
- All office management duties; relocation of the office, then ensuring its smooth running
- Liaising with global HR & Operations departments
- Using a variety of software packages including Microsoft Outlook, Word & PowerPoint
An ideal candidate for this Executive Assistant / Office Manager role must:
- Speak and write English and German to a fluent level
- Have excellent secretarial, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Have experience working for an international private equity / alternative investment firm
- Have professional communication skills
- Be credible and capable to communicate with all stakeholders and investors on behalf of the Senior Partner
- Approach each task with urgency and have the ability and will to work to deadlines
- Be able to navigate a global firm, networking with relevant colleagues around the globe
- Take on ad-hoc projects when required
- Competitive salary & generous discretionary bonus
- Annual salary reviews
- Competitive annual leave and flexible benefits in line with the local norm in Frankfurt
- Standard hours are 9am – 6pm
- Global work events
- Opportunity to be the first and most senior EA in Frankfurt, supporting the team with its growth plans
Joss Search is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, passionately supporting and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building an inclusive culture, respecting our individual differences and bringing our community together.