Investment Banking background ideal!
Global Finance Firm with Brand New Office in Frankfurt!
A client we know very well in London, New York and Europe is looking for an Executive Assistant to set up a new office in Frankfurt! This is a permanent role, you must have worked for an international, fast paced investment bank or finance firm before, be happy to work in a smaller but growing office within a corporate global matrix, and it’s imperative you are fluent in German & English.
My client is an international alternative investment firm that is incredibly successful in all aspects of their investment activity. They promote career progression, hire the best people for their people-focused culture, really care about doing a brilliant job, and have further plans to expand in 2022 and beyond. You will be part of a global EA team who will support you, but day-to-day you will be alone as sole support in the Frankfurt office, so you must be happy to work in both capacities, supporting the MD, the team (4 in total) and be responsible for ensuring the office running smoothly.
We always enjoy placing EAs in this firm because of the way they value their support staff, and we’re very happy to be recruiting for this firm in Germany!
This role will be to provide EA support to a new MD of Credit, plus smaller wider team, as well as any visiting Directors to the Frankfurt office. This Credit division is being set up because of the firm’s global success and business they are winning in the German investment space - it's a great time to join!
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the MD with extensive diary and schedule management, proactive gatekeeping and planning
- Arranging frequent international travel planning
- Gatekeeping and handling all incoming telephone calls in a responsive, proactive and timely manner
- Plan conferences and investor events
- Full secretarial duties, including preparation of business correspondence, project documents and presentations, and using a variety of software packages including Microsoft Outlook, Word & PowerPoint
- Regular liaison and interaction with various other offices globally
- Managing the office, ensuring it is fully functional and stocked at all times
- Liaising with global HR & Operations departments
An ideal candidate for this Executive Assistant role will be able to work in a proactive manner, making decisions on behalf of the MD with scheduling matters and value discretion and trust. This is a fast-paced environment and being able to work under time pressure in a calm and unflappable way is imperative. You must value your role as an EA / Office Manager and really be accountable for performing this vital role to the best of your ability.
You must possess:
- English and German language skills to a fluent level
- excellent secretarial, organisational and problem-solving skills
- experience working for a fast-paced, international investment bank or alternative investment firm supporting a front or middle office team
- a professional, committed attitude and approach
- the ability to work to deadlines
- the ability to work well alone as well as using your network of supportive colleagues when needed
- Generous discretionary bonus
- Annual salary reviews
- Wellness benefits and opportunity to be involved in charitable activity
- Open plan environment and open communication encouraged
- Encouragement to take on projects and up-skill
- Standard hours are 9am – 6pm
Joss Search is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, passionately supporting and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building an inclusive culture, respecting our individual differences and bringing our community together.