Amsterdam based Family Office / Private Wealth
€40,000 & excellent bonus potential!
A client based currently in London is relocating to Amsterdam and requires a Private PA based in Amsterdam to support with all private matters, working closely with his EA in London who supports him with his business investments and activity. This is a brilliant opportunity for a service oriented individual to work on various tasks and projects, varying from coordinating some Amsterdam-based investments, to coordinating household shopping, staff, school fees and transportation, to dealing with his art and music collections. You must be able to speak English and Dutch fluently and be based in Amsterdam. 85% of this role will be private support and 15% business. No two days will be the same! The rewards for committing to this role are very generous both in terms of bonus and career development.
You will support this family office from Amsterdam liaising with another EA in London, very much working as a team.
You will work from the home office of the Principal and handle all tasks and errands related to the smooth running of his home and increasing investment activity in Amsterdam.
- Providing calendar management for Amsterdam based meetings
- Travel arrangements for the Principal and his family using a travel agent
- Answering the phones and corresponding in English and Dutch
- Coordinating the smooth running of the Principal’s residence in Amsterdam alongside a housekeeper
- Dealing with necessary insurances in Amsterdam
- Arranging for art to be in or out of storage as needed
- Running errands
- Booking entertainment / restaurants
- Arrange events on occasion
- Ensure children are safely at school / picked up (this is rare if the Principal / nanny aren’t available)
- Any other ad-hoc task for the Principal / support to his London-based EA when she is on holiday
An ideal candidate for this Private PA role will be a team player who is motivated, works well in a team and is strong enough in their communication and organisational skills to handle a high volume of ad-hoc tasks.
These are must-haves:
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Dutch
- Excellent secretarial, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Have at least 1-2 years’ experience in a PA role supporting busy teams / individuals
- Have a high standard of service and hospitality
- Be willing to assist the Principal with private and business support – no task being too small or large!
- Be willing to help when there are urgent needs out of core working hours - but this is rare
- Have a professional, committed attitude and approach
- Be resourceful
- Be knowledgeable of the way things are done in The Netherlands and ideally have a network of contacts, vendors, suppliers and a local knowledge of restaurants etc would be ideal.
- Learn from the Senior EA and ask questions, being willing to learn!
This is a permanent role to start urgently!
- For hard work there tends to be a very generous bonus!
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Ski trips as a firm
- Christmas & Summer parties
- Full training from the London-based EA
- This role will build a very interesting and diverse network of contacts!
Joss Search is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, passionately supporting and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building an inclusive culture, respecting our individual differences and bringing our community together.