Why you should consider a career in private equity.
Being a PA is a hugely varied and rewarding job, but like any job, the type of company you work for makes a huge difference. Here at Joss Search we specialise in recruiting PAs and EAs for Private Equity (PE) and Venture Capital (VC) organisations. Most PAs have never considered working in the PE/VC sector, but here’s why you really should…
5 great things about working in private equity
- SIZE - private equity firms tend to have a small number of employees. This means they can be much more agile and dynamic places than big, bureaucratic businesses like banks - ideal if you’re someone who loves getting stuff done without all the box-ticking.
- TALENT- because they are so small they have to make every hire count. Private equity firms attract the best and the brightest talent from around the world, so you’ll always be working with people full of energy and ideas.
- MONEY - private equity firms may be small but they make a lot of money and you can see that in their operating budget. Pay, bonuses, perks and the office environment itself all tend to be first class when you’re working for a private equity business.
- VARIETY - If you’re the kind of PA who hates routine and loves a new challenge every day then private equity is definitely for you. Because they invest in such a wide range of companies you never know what you’re going to be asked to organise, or who will be coming through the office door next.
- STABILITY - private equity firms are all about the long-term. The average private equity investment will last 3-5 years, but many private equity firms will make investments that last for 10 years or even more. Because they are backed by their own fund of investors' money, private equity firms are immune to the short term panics and cut backs that can affect other types of business.
We’re THE experts in private equity recruitment
We’re the number one specialists in placing PA/EAs with private equity firms in the UK. If you think you might be interested in a career in private equity then why not get in touch for a chat? Our friendly team can answer any questions you have and help you decide whether or not private equity is a good fit for you.
Or just register with us and we’ll keep you updated on upcoming opportunities and news: